Wednesday, February 14, 2007

~Happy Valentines Day~


I could never make a list, of all those I've loved. In one respect, I take love very seriously. In another, it has been a fleeting glimpse and passes like two ships in the night. As we mature, so does our definition of love. But if I tell you that I love you, I do and mean it and feel it. I do not give it out freely or rather, I don't say it with abandon. It is important to me. I really don't think there's a real definition, for true love. I've known, what I thought, was true love and walked away from it. I've hurt the ones I love and they forgave me.Those that I have loved hurt me terribly but when they asked for forgiveness, I gave it. Why? Because real, true love is unconditional. It doesn't require that you're perfection, beautiful or thin. It doesn't require money, wonderful clothes, car, home or sex. Love does not look for fault. For if you are looking for fault, you will find it.
Real love is actually uncomplicated. It is silence in a storm, a feeling with out a single word. It is the comfort of a simple kiss or embrace. It is that twinkle in your baby's eyes, that only a mother sees. It is a simple smile , maybe the very last one, before love, comfortable, everlasting love, slips away in death. So many to love, such little time. Love like there's no tomorrow.


love (lŭv) pronunciation n.
  1. A deep, tender, ineffable feeling of affection and solicitude toward a person, such as that arising from kinship, recognition of attractive qualities, or a sense of underlying oneness.
  2. A feeling of intense desire and attraction toward a person with whom one is disposed to make a pair; the emotion of sex and romance.
    1. Sexual passion.
    2. Sexual intercourse.
    3. A love affair.
  3. An intense emotional attachment, as for a pet or treasured object.
  4. A person who is the object of deep or intense affection or attraction; beloved. Often used as a term of endearment.
  5. An expression of one's affection: Send him my love.
    1. A strong predilection or enthusiasm: a love of language.
    2. The object of such an enthusiasm: The outdoors is her greatest love.
  6. Love Mythology. Eros or Cupid.
  7. often Love Christianity. Charity.
My definition of love for my children and it may sound hokey but...

I would kill without blinking or take a bullet for my babies. They are now 31, 27,26 but they're still my babies and always will be. I mean this with every fiber of my being.



No comments: